ABOUT THUNDERHANDS



About Me: "Wakiya" (Thunder)
I am a Tribal, Musician, Writer, Artist. I try to walk the path and have studied the tradition of the "Wisdom keepers" like Lame Deer, Fools Crow, Black Elk, and Rolling Thunder from the tribes of this region, and Lao Tzu, Buddha, Bodhidharma, Yeshua, and other enlightened ones from the many various tribes of the earth. I understand the worlds religions and belief systems, and realize the division this can cause by the lack of understanding the "real message" from the Masters. My intention, and life's prayer is to try to live in harmony with Grandmother Earth, Grandfather sky, (Nature) and "the spirit that moves in all things," and help in any way I can to build a bridge between all men and tribes so they can walk their path in a manner that will benefit themselves, the Earth and others. I open up, and ask Great Spirit, The creator, The Tao, The Universe, to work and direct healing and positive energy through me by different means, like the Flute, drums, Words, Prayer, and Touch. I try to be loving and accept others from the heart, and practice forgiveness. I honor all people, the winged one's, and four legged ones considering us all equal, not one being above another. I honor the bountiful Harvest from Mother earth in the form of plant life, water, air and herbs which sustain our oneness with her. I pray all tribes should re-unite as one, so we may protect the planet and live in harmony. Within you, without you.

Mitakuye Oyasin
( all my relations)
Wakiya

Wednesday

"Native American Taoist"




What exactly is a Native American Taoist? The first thing I can say is, it isn't something static, but something that is constantly flowing. It's not religious in the sense that there is a fixed dogmatic belief. The term "Native American Taoist" is a phrase, that expresses the best way I can with words, a feeling. How often have we said, "that just feels right." I think that Native American tradition regarding spirituality and life, have much in common with the Taoist thought. They are both in touch with the spirit of things, or the spirit that flows in all things, particularly nature.
Both are aware of the circle of life, and the cycles of the natural order of things. The fact is the two traditions compliment one another. One thing I can feel in these traditions,is a lot of love and respect for all things living. That includes the planet and universe. As far as worshipping the Deity. The feeling is a silent prayer with every step, and what I call an "attitude of gratitude," and acceptance. That means acceptance of our fellow man and whatever he chooses to believe, as well as events of cyclical change in life. Both healing traditions have an earthy and natural approach, using herbs and the powers of "Chi" or life force. The Taoist practices of Tai Chi, Qigong and other martial arts, are about going with the flow and having a healing and meditative attitude. A term I coined is "Inner chi, is energy." Although Taoism and Native American spirituality have a myriad of practices, and a colorful history of ritual, you take out of the two traditions what works for you and mix them together. A comparison could be made to mixing different herbs on a pestle.

Maybe you could call it a balm for the soul. A relief from all the dogmatic, fear and guilt inducing ideas and beliefs, that are hurled our way from infancy on. Its about freedom. Stand still; Can you feel that cool breeze washing over you?
-thunderhands

No comments: