ABOUT THUNDERHANDS



About Me: "Wakiya" (Thunder)
I am a Tribal, Musician, Writer, Artist. I try to walk the path and have studied the tradition of the "Wisdom keepers" like Lame Deer, Fools Crow, Black Elk, and Rolling Thunder from the tribes of this region, and Lao Tzu, Buddha, Bodhidharma, Yeshua, and other enlightened ones from the many various tribes of the earth. I understand the worlds religions and belief systems, and realize the division this can cause by the lack of understanding the "real message" from the Masters. My intention, and life's prayer is to try to live in harmony with Grandmother Earth, Grandfather sky, (Nature) and "the spirit that moves in all things," and help in any way I can to build a bridge between all men and tribes so they can walk their path in a manner that will benefit themselves, the Earth and others. I open up, and ask Great Spirit, The creator, The Tao, The Universe, to work and direct healing and positive energy through me by different means, like the Flute, drums, Words, Prayer, and Touch. I try to be loving and accept others from the heart, and practice forgiveness. I honor all people, the winged one's, and four legged ones considering us all equal, not one being above another. I honor the bountiful Harvest from Mother earth in the form of plant life, water, air and herbs which sustain our oneness with her. I pray all tribes should re-unite as one, so we may protect the planet and live in harmony. Within you, without you.

Mitakuye Oyasin
( all my relations)
Wakiya

Monday

Carlos Santana / Musician / Shaman




Carlos Santana Reflects on Working Toward Peace

There's only one truth on this planet: that we are all one. What I'd like to do before I die is bring people closer to the same reality that John Coltrane and Bob Marley were trying to bring people to-a reality of no borders, one race, one body-where we all take responsibility that nobody starves to death tomorrow morning. To do that with music is more important than becoming Jimi Hendrix or Beethoven. When you connect with people through music, you affect the whole wheel of life in such a way that, even though you are only one person, you make a difference, like Martin Luther King Jr. or Mahatma Gandhi. Then songs become windows for people to look inside or look outside. That's why we love Jimi Hendrix-because his songs are beautiful windows. When we look through them, we like what we see.

Music, more than almost anything else, has the power to bring people together-people of different ages, races, religions. So I'm more clear now as to why I play. It's not just to make people happy or to make them dance-it's to change things: change myself, change the people in my band, change people all over the world, so we can have a clearer vision about life and about ourselves, so we can bring more harmony to the world.



Although I have never met Carlos, I have worked with musicians that were at one time or another in his group. I consider him a true friend and Brother. He spreads his light from his heart and heals others with his presence. He connects with high spiritual forces. -Thunderhands

1 comment:

bloggergirl said...

Hey Thunder... this is certainly a beautiful tribute to a man and musician that is very close to my heart. I love Carlos ... he is an authentic beautiful soul...and the things that he does for humanity and for healing on our planet.....and he does not seek notoriety. What an incredible quality! I grew up with this man and his music and his magic. He has been in the spotlight here in the bay area.... I am also blessed to be 15 minutes from his new restaurant Maria Maria... one of 4 locations!!!! whoo hoo!!

And as Carlos would say:
Kadoish Kadoish Kadoish