ABOUT THUNDERHANDS



About Me: "Wakiya" (Thunder)
I am a Tribal, Musician, Writer, Artist. I try to walk the path and have studied the tradition of the "Wisdom keepers" like Lame Deer, Fools Crow, Black Elk, and Rolling Thunder from the tribes of this region, and Lao Tzu, Buddha, Bodhidharma, Yeshua, and other enlightened ones from the many various tribes of the earth. I understand the worlds religions and belief systems, and realize the division this can cause by the lack of understanding the "real message" from the Masters. My intention, and life's prayer is to try to live in harmony with Grandmother Earth, Grandfather sky, (Nature) and "the spirit that moves in all things," and help in any way I can to build a bridge between all men and tribes so they can walk their path in a manner that will benefit themselves, the Earth and others. I open up, and ask Great Spirit, The creator, The Tao, The Universe, to work and direct healing and positive energy through me by different means, like the Flute, drums, Words, Prayer, and Touch. I try to be loving and accept others from the heart, and practice forgiveness. I honor all people, the winged one's, and four legged ones considering us all equal, not one being above another. I honor the bountiful Harvest from Mother earth in the form of plant life, water, air and herbs which sustain our oneness with her. I pray all tribes should re-unite as one, so we may protect the planet and live in harmony. Within you, without you.

Mitakuye Oyasin
( all my relations)
Wakiya

Saturday

Navajo Art / Painted with a House brush

Click on picture for larger view.

This painting has been in my family for 50+ years. It was painted by a Navajo man. It was done in Scottsdale Arizona at a place called Papago Plaza. This man would stand outside the store with pieces of flat Masonite board and a house painters brush about 4 or 5 inches wide. As people came out from shopping he would ask them if they would like a painting of the local area. If they said yes, he would proceed to paint them a picture such as this using all sides of that one brush, and the corners for fine detail. It would take him about 15 minutes if that. And the price was about ten bucks. And if that wasn't enough he had pre-made frames (not Shown) out of beautifully carved Mesquite wood and put together with pegs not nails. This is a picture of it on my wall.
I just received it from my son because it was in storage. On the back my Mom, who crossed over to spirit some years back wrote with big red letters, that this picture is for my Son. I am honored to have it, and pleased that I can put it on the internet so this man's work can live on. This scene is of the Camel Back Mountains in Phoenix with the praying monk (rock formation) visible on the side. And oh yea! He Didn't even sign it. How's that for humble?
-Thunderhands

No comments: