ABOUT THUNDERHANDS



About Me: "Wakiya" (Thunder)
I am a Tribal, Musician, Writer, Artist. I try to walk the path and have studied the tradition of the "Wisdom keepers" like Lame Deer, Fools Crow, Black Elk, and Rolling Thunder from the tribes of this region, and Lao Tzu, Buddha, Bodhidharma, Yeshua, and other enlightened ones from the many various tribes of the earth. I understand the worlds religions and belief systems, and realize the division this can cause by the lack of understanding the "real message" from the Masters. My intention, and life's prayer is to try to live in harmony with Grandmother Earth, Grandfather sky, (Nature) and "the spirit that moves in all things," and help in any way I can to build a bridge between all men and tribes so they can walk their path in a manner that will benefit themselves, the Earth and others. I open up, and ask Great Spirit, The creator, The Tao, The Universe, to work and direct healing and positive energy through me by different means, like the Flute, drums, Words, Prayer, and Touch. I try to be loving and accept others from the heart, and practice forgiveness. I honor all people, the winged one's, and four legged ones considering us all equal, not one being above another. I honor the bountiful Harvest from Mother earth in the form of plant life, water, air and herbs which sustain our oneness with her. I pray all tribes should re-unite as one, so we may protect the planet and live in harmony. Within you, without you.

Mitakuye Oyasin
( all my relations)
Wakiya

Tuesday

Wisdom Quotes


Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
-Tao te Ching

He who rushes ahead doesn't go far.
-Tao te Ching

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
-Confucius

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
-Buddha

1 comment:

Little Ego said...

Again, we need to be careful with how we use words, especially ones translated from a language so far away from English. I will not reject help when help is what I need. If I rejected help when I needed my life to be saved, I went to the hospital, and because of those wonderful healing helpers, I am writing this response today. Not needing out of "neediness" seems to be what Buddha is really saying. Dependence can lock us into a trap. Independence can free us from any trap. Slavery is a disorder. I wholeheartedly agree with Buddha that, assuming this what he means, and it is easy, I think to assume such, that freedom is as natural to any human being's conditions in life because one's dharma cannot be committed to and lived through well enough unless each person is set free from a lot of non-productive anti-dharma-like crap. Freedom is another volatile word. I remember telling my auntie when I was a "free-thinking" teenager (yeah, right. . .). We were talking about freedom and she asked, "What do you want?" And I said, "I just want to be free!" "You can't be free until accept responsibility." I groaned in adolescent frustration and walked away from what I would later understand as wisdom--basic, simple, right-on, direct, uncommonly common sense about freedom. Anyway, I'm trailing way from whatever else I might decide to say. Oh, yes, we (people) all must remember, just because something sounds right doesn't mean we have understood it right. Right? I mean, does that make sense? I love your sites Wakiya--insights, highlights, spotlights, forsights, visionary mysticism, and I've said some of this elsewhere. Here is elsewhere. Okay, that's enough. I have got to focus elsewhere! Excessive joy be yours, Arrow