ABOUT THUNDERHANDS



About Me: "Wakiya" (Thunder)
I am a Tribal, Musician, Writer, Artist. I try to walk the path and have studied the tradition of the "Wisdom keepers" like Lame Deer, Fools Crow, Black Elk, and Rolling Thunder from the tribes of this region, and Lao Tzu, Buddha, Bodhidharma, Yeshua, and other enlightened ones from the many various tribes of the earth. I understand the worlds religions and belief systems, and realize the division this can cause by the lack of understanding the "real message" from the Masters. My intention, and life's prayer is to try to live in harmony with Grandmother Earth, Grandfather sky, (Nature) and "the spirit that moves in all things," and help in any way I can to build a bridge between all men and tribes so they can walk their path in a manner that will benefit themselves, the Earth and others. I open up, and ask Great Spirit, The creator, The Tao, The Universe, to work and direct healing and positive energy through me by different means, like the Flute, drums, Words, Prayer, and Touch. I try to be loving and accept others from the heart, and practice forgiveness. I honor all people, the winged one's, and four legged ones considering us all equal, not one being above another. I honor the bountiful Harvest from Mother earth in the form of plant life, water, air and herbs which sustain our oneness with her. I pray all tribes should re-unite as one, so we may protect the planet and live in harmony. Within you, without you.

Mitakuye Oyasin
( all my relations)
Wakiya

Friday

Christ Mass / The spirit of the thing!



Ok here it comes...ooops it's gone. Wow! all that chaotic build up only to realize one thing. Can we dispense with the commercial aspect and get to the spiritual. Gifts, money, running around, all that stuff that gives us pleasure right? Doesn't make a lot of sense on some levels. What would make more sense is if we ran all over town and bought ourselves the stuff we always wanted? Then we would get exactly what we wanted or needed instead of someones idea of what we want. Maybe we just need the extra money that would have been spent. Ok, Ok, it's the surprise factor right,,,,Ohhhh wow! look what I got! Just what I didn't need (laughs).... Now giving is good right? Well maybe. Giving out of obligation, no...giving spiritually from the heart Yes! Do it all year, give from the heart. Some say well if we do it once a year it will remind us to do it all year.

If we have to be reminded to give to others then maybe we should re-evaluate. Tie a red string on your wrist and have that be a reminder that Christmas, Family, giving, should be all year. Lets not leave out compassion and forgiveness. Then there is the debt factor, credit,,,, Hell! how am I going to pay for all this? Little gifts of self and maybe just a small gift here and there through the year might reduce the debt factor. Someone said to me I don't see as many Christmas Decorations this year. Re-evaluation of priority's? Times getting tough? I don't want to be a Grinch! Have fun! Shopping is fun,,,but momentary, because after it's over, as Yogananda called it, the mind excitation, what then? A big let down or withdrawal, until the next object of mind excitation.

Level out the playing field on the excitation thing. When you think about it you could get excited about cooking, or walking, or nature, or a new angle at our spiritual practices. Then last but not least, this is supposed to be about Christ right? If it is then maybe some of the things I said about giving forgiving, and spirituality might make at least a little sense, if Yeshuas words and teachings are to be considered...it's all about the "Spirit" of the thing,,,the true spirit!
Thunder

1 comment:

Linda said...

I just love it, I could not agree more.