ABOUT THUNDERHANDS



About Me: "Wakiya" (Thunder)
I am a Tribal, Musician, Writer, Artist. I try to walk the path and have studied the tradition of the "Wisdom keepers" like Lame Deer, Fools Crow, Black Elk, and Rolling Thunder from the tribes of this region, and Lao Tzu, Buddha, Bodhidharma, Yeshua, and other enlightened ones from the many various tribes of the earth. I understand the worlds religions and belief systems, and realize the division this can cause by the lack of understanding the "real message" from the Masters. My intention, and life's prayer is to try to live in harmony with Grandmother Earth, Grandfather sky, (Nature) and "the spirit that moves in all things," and help in any way I can to build a bridge between all men and tribes so they can walk their path in a manner that will benefit themselves, the Earth and others. I open up, and ask Great Spirit, The creator, The Tao, The Universe, to work and direct healing and positive energy through me by different means, like the Flute, drums, Words, Prayer, and Touch. I try to be loving and accept others from the heart, and practice forgiveness. I honor all people, the winged one's, and four legged ones considering us all equal, not one being above another. I honor the bountiful Harvest from Mother earth in the form of plant life, water, air and herbs which sustain our oneness with her. I pray all tribes should re-unite as one, so we may protect the planet and live in harmony. Within you, without you.

Mitakuye Oyasin
( all my relations)
Wakiya

Friday

Internal Strength



It's all about internal strength, Honor, true humility, Not if you win or lose, live or die etc. It's how you live your life. Not worrying about it. Not considering so much about right and wrongs on the outside, or what someone else is doing that may be right or wrong. Strengthen the inner, refuse to do battle with the opponents within and without so to speak, refuse to confront the oncoming thrust of the sword, better to step aside and watch it miss it's mark..or better yet take no thought on it. Hold no malice or anger for anything. Keep working on that inner light or the superior self because that serves the better good. Work towards peace and harmony within and it will be reflected without. Sometimes you can win a battle but that doesn't mean you win the war. Peace and harmony within brings good fortune for all concerned. It's about motive, we bring sorrow on ourselves and others by not being true to our higher self or good. It's like practicing the martial arts for glory and ego, or practicing it to strengthen mind, body, spirit and to build character and humility. Its not about winning even though you know you can. No matter what might face us, whether it be loneliness or relationships and maybe any kind of hardship. If we have that internal strength and we walk with the sage, everything will be ok,,as within so without...truly. These words are easier to say, then put into practice. And I guess that should be our goal,,maybe we can't be perfect but we can work towards an ideal. Sometimes it does take a change in attitude or events that cause a turning point in our lives,

-Thunder

1 comment:

Little Ego said...

"Life is an attitude," so said my aunt. I was a teenager then. I've never forgotten that but I haven't always remembered either. And I can't think of anything more personally and spiritually empowering than living within the attitude one wants to live. If meaningfulness means anything at at all, then a Life Attitude is as necessary as air.

What holds me back in keeping to this maxim are people. Yeah, :o
I know someone is psychotic and can't be entirely held responsible for his dangerous and stupid attitude. He gets hysterical--scary crazy. I'm not afraid of him as much as I see him as a much larger injustice in human beings--the way we persist to treat each other with no regard for each other--like a bunch of crazed psychotics. My challenge with my neighbor, the psychotic, is teach him how to be passionate without being threatening and annoying. I told him to please keep his voice down. I had a stroke--and before I could finish, he said, "Okay." 1/2 second pause, and he was off to the races again. At that point my only option was to say, as loud as I could, "Good night Jay!" and I opened the door to my apartment and walked in and firmly shut the door. Peace, at last. Well, no, because how can someone continue to be such a jerk after being told that his attitude is not good for someone who had a stroke? It doesn't make sense. I hate that! His attitude is sick, I know and he doesn't know what he is doing most of the time. Poor guy. He does care about the world which is why he is hysterical, but try getting a word in edge-wise with this livid character. Impossible. I suppose my challenge is to resist taking stupid challenges, but there are no stupid challenges, are there? I can think of stupid risk-taking, but how is that different? I'm really not sure. Ah! The problem -- okay -- the CHOICE is whether to try to help this boy or to just let him be and keep myself centered when he goes nuts. I can always walk away from him. I can't change everyone. I can't because even if I could, I have to make CHOICES. Ta-duh! I'm getting it, yes?

Being able to be in the world of people and remain stable, integral, and living in the attitude of reference is difficult. To me, and I've said this before, to me, no challenge and no choice to take on this challenge is more challenging to me than higher consciousness, and the higher the more scary it gets and yet, all that much more alluring. . . .

May the heights of enlightenment grace you, Thunder, and may the depths of understanding guide you always yours, Arrow